Nsight Systems and Nsight Compute Profiling Workshop
August 31, 1:00-3:00 pm EDT
Virtual on Zoom
NVIDIA® Nsight™ Systems is a system-wide performance analysis tool designed to visualize an application’s algorithms, help you identify the largest opportunities to optimize, and tune to scale efficiently across any quantity or size of CPUs and GPUs.
NVIDIA Nsight Compute is an interactive kernel profiler for CUDA applications. It provides detailed performance metrics and API debugging via a user interface and command line tool. In addition, its baseline feature allows users to compare results within the tool. NVIDIA Nsight Compute provides a customizable and data-driven user interface and metric collection and can be extended with analysis scripts for post-processing results.
This workshop will show how to use Nsight Systems and Nsight Compute for tracing an HPC application. It will :
- demonstrate how to use Nsight Systems to find hotspots and then do detailed analysis of specific kernels with Nsight Compute.
- Show how to determine the most helpful collection of metrics for an HPC application and how to collect those specific metrics.
- Explain How to create and understand a roofline plot to inform code improvements.
The demonstrations will be shown on Summit using the Mini-Weather application.
For the hands-on part, users will be given access to a Mini-Weather repo and encouraged to retrace the steps given in the demonstrations.
Audience and Prerequisites
ALCF, NERSC, and OLCF users are encouraged to join the lectures and demonstration and will be given access to the hands-on repo and compute resources. If you do not have an account at one of those user facilities, you are welcome to register and watch the lectures, but we will not be able to provide a compute resource for the hands-on part of the workshop.
- Jackson Marusarz, NVIDIA Compute Products Manager Developer Tools
- Robert Searles, NVIDIA Solutions Architect
Slides: NVIDIA_Developer_Tools_ORNL, Nsight Training_NERSC
Comments are closed.