OLCF Users Webinar: How to OLCF
This is a getting started webinar targeted at new users, but it may serve as a good refresher for all users. We will discuss the basics and best practices of how to use OLCF resources and services. Please note the extended length of this call; you may want to have lunch during this Webinar.
Speakers: Bill Renaud, OLCF User Support Specialist, Suzanne Parete-Koon, Dr Bronson Messer (video only)
1. Learn how to stay informed about OLCF systems and tools.
2. Access the software you need
3. Discover how Titan & Eos differ from typical clusters
4. Understand the batch queue system
5. Master the aprun command
6. Learn OLCF’s project & allocation policies
7. Familiarize yourself with available data storage options
8. Plan for data transfer
9. Become Lustre® savvy
10. Optimize HPSS usage
11. Know how to get help
12. Authentication Basics
Sides: OLCF Best Practices
This is a self-guided training video to augment our best practices. You may view it at any time. The video shows you examples of the how to link scientific libraries into an application and covers common errors and their fixes.
How to use scientific libraries on Titan: https://vimeo.com/channels/olcftraining/153016140
Speaker: Dr. Bronson Messer, OLCF Scientific Computing