User Account Requests
Categories: Accounts, Allocations
Print this article
Users can apply for an account on existing projects. There are several steps in applying for an account; OLCF User Assistance can help you through the process. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Accounts Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Obtain a User Account
- Apply for an account using the Account Request Form.
- The principal investigator (PI) of the project must approve your account and system access. The Accounts Team will contact the PI for this approval.
- If you have or will receive a RSA SecurID from our facility, additional paperwork will be sent to you via email to complete for identity proofing.
- Foreign national participants will be sent an Oak Ridge National Lab (ORNL) Personnel Access System (PAS) request specific for the facility and cyber-only access. After receiving your response, it takes between (2) to (5) weeks for approval.
- Fully-executed User Agreements with each institution having participants are required. If our records indicate your institution needs to sign either a User Agreement and/or Appendix A, the form(s) along with instructions will be sent via email.
- If you are processing sensitive or proprietary data, additional paperwork is required and will be sent to you.
Your account will be created and you will be notified via email when all of the steps above are complete. To begin the process, visit the OLCF User Account Application page.