Steps for Requesting an Allocation
Print this article
Steps for Obtaining a Project
- Apply for a new project using the Project Request form.
- The principal investigator (PI) should complete the Principal Investigator’s Agreement and fax it to 865-241-4011.
- Internal approval is required before the project can be created, unless it is an INCITE project.
If the project is approved, the following will occur:
- The project is reviewed for export-control issues. A project cannot be created until this is complete.
- When the export-control review is complete, foreign-national PIs will be sent an ORNL Personnel Access System (PAS) request specific for the facility and cyber-only access. After receiving your response to the PAS request, it may take 15 or more days to process. A project cannot be created until the PAS request is complete.
- All new project requests will be reviewed to determine if a User Agreement and/or Appendix A is necessary. The appropriate forms will be sent to the PI via email. The User Agreement forms must be signed by the PI’s institution and UT-Battelle before the project can be created.
When all information is complete, including the following,
- Project application completed;
- PI agreement signed and faxed to 865-241-4011;
- Internal approval, if necessary;
- Export control review complete;
- PAS request completed for foreign-national PI; and
- User Agreement signed by the PI’s institution and UT-Battelle,
the project will be created. The PI will be notified via email with the project ID, project name, and where participants can apply for an account.