Request a Subproject
Print this article
Information about OLCF Subprojects
- Subprojects provide a useful means for: (a) dividing allocated time amoung different applications, groups, or individuals, (b) controlling priority, and/or (c) monitoring progress.
- Subprojects are normally created only at the Principal Investigator’s request.
- If a subproject uses all of its allocated hours, its subproject priority will be lowered accordingly.
- The requested ID for a subproject must follow this formula:
<6 character primary project id> + <1 – 4 character subproject suffix>.
- The hours allocated for the primary project and subprojects must equal the awarded allocation.You may initially allocate all hours to subprojects or keep some in reserve as part of your primary project allocation.
- It is recommended that all users be assigned to a subproject(s). It is required if all awarded hours are allocated to subprojects.
- If you have questions or would like to request a subproject, please contact the OLCF accounts team.