Authenticating to OLCF Systems
Categories: Connect & Login
Print this article
All OLCF systems currently employ two-factor authentication only. To login to OLCF systems, an RSA SecurID® key fob is required.
Activating a new SecurID® fob
- Initiate an SSH connection to username@
- When prompted for a PASSCODE, enter the 6-digit code shown on the fob.
- You will be asked if you are ready to set your PIN. Answer with “Y”.
- You will be prompted to enter a PIN. Enter a (4) to (6) digit number you can remember. You will then be prompted to re-enter your PIN.
- You will then be prompted to wait until the next code appears on your fob and to enter your PASSCODE. When the (6) digits on your fob change, enter your PIN digits followed immediately by the new (6) digits displayed on your fob. Note that any set of (6) digits on the fob can only be “used” once.
- Your PIN is now set, and your fob is activated and ready for use.
Using a SecurID® fob
When prompted for your PASSCODE, enter your PIN digits followed immediately by the (6) digits shown on your SecurID® fob. For example, if your pin is
1234 and the (6) digits on the fob are
1234000987 when you are prompted for a PASSCODE.